Sunday, June 26, 2011

Long time no post! Apple Dump Cake!

It's been like 23274739 years since I posted something so much stuff has happened that I can't even write about it all.  Anyways, I went on a vacay at the end of May for about a week, we went to Florida then a cruise to The Bahamas.  It was a pretty good trip, but I was so glad to be home, I'll try and post some pics.  When I say we, I'm referring to my granny, my momma, and myself, on our way down we met up with my granny's sister then to her other sister's, and my cousin and her son in Augusta, then we all went to Sanford and stayed a few days, then got on the boat.  So...on to my reason for posting, Apple Dump Cake, my cousin in Florida made us one with pineapples and blueberries, it was amazing, and sounded super duper easy, so I thought I can do that!
So, I used 2 cans of apple pie filling, I'm pretty sure it will work with any pie filling or fruit, but I love apple!
I spread it out in a glass baking pan, I'm not sure the measurements, but I'm sure any pan would work.
One box of yellow cake mix, again, I think you could use any flavor, I'm interested to try different combos.
Sprinkle the whole package of cake mix over your fruit filling, the flash kind of washed it out, but it's just loosely sprinkled, don't pack it down.
Last ingredient, the recipe I found said one stick of butter melted but after I poured it on, it didn't look like enough, so I ended up using 2 sticks.
Pour as evenly as possible on top of your cake mix, it really looks like too much butter.
Bake at 350 to 375 till crisp and golden brown, it didn't turn out very pretty but it was delicious!  I felt like it took forever for it to crisp, perhaps I used too much butter, next time I'll try with less, still worked out pretty good!

Trip Pics!!!!
Me and my momma when we finally got into Florida!

It's wwwaaayyy hotter than Georgia

But they have free OJ!

And there's palm trees EVERYWHERE!
That's all for now, yay for finally posting!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment